Invario Network Engineers has an immediate opening for a technical support specialist to provide Tier 1 IT support to our small and medium sized business customers. We are looking for an individual who is detail oriented, with excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
In conjunction with network engineers, assists users via phone and field support in a wide range of computer issues. Includes installing, upgrading and maintaining desktop and portable computer hardware, software, printers, mobile devices and peripherals. Updates tickets into the automated trouble ticketing system. Escalates issues for resolution when necessary.
• Answer incoming customer support calls and gather information using probing questions
• Manage support tickets using our ticket management system; reassign tickets as appropriate
• Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problem in order to: (1) attempt hardware/software solution by phone, or (2) decide proper level of support required to solve problem
• Work directly with customers to provide services and help resolve computing problems such as remote access or basic Microsoft Office issues
• Install software on client computers
• Create/Remove user accounts
• Reset passwords
• Setup and configure laptop/desktop computers; map drives
• Monitor and troubleshoot automated system backups
• Maintain customer software/hardware inventory
• Provide frequent statuses to customers while support tickets are in progress
• Occasional travel to visit customers in the Washington, DC metro area
• Develop best practices to address high-trend support issues
Desired Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s’ Degree and 1-3 years’ experience in Technical Support or equivalent experience.
Should have minimum IAT Level I certification (A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+, SSCP, CCNA) or higher. Please do not contact us unless you have passed at least one IT industry exam.
• Hardware/ Software installation
• Testing, maintenance, repair and networking of computers and peripherals
• Administration of Windows domain and accounts
• Administration and troubleshooting of Windows software
• General understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
• Advanced Windows Workstation Deployment and Administration
• Network troubleshooting and management
• General technical support and Help Desk duties
• Facility with communicating technical topics via verbal, conversational, and written media to various audiences
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to interact well with diverse end-users and technical staff are required
• Candidate must be detail-oriented and able to independently and successfully troubleshoot and resolve technology problems
Invario offers a thriving, small business environment with a wide range for experience in different environments, systems and industries. The job offers a great deal of autonomy and flexibility in a business casual environment. Some of the perks include health insurance, cell phone, home internet connection, and training opportunities.
Apply now firstname.lastname@example.org